Cornell Cooperative Extension of Cayuga County
thru: Cornell Cooperative Extension of Cayuga County
- 4-H Youth Development - Cooperative Extension’s national youth development program serves youth 5-19 years old. It reaches boys and girls who are members of organized 4-H clubs, participants in special interest groups and as students in after-school and school enrichment programs. 4-H helps young people to learn by doing, develop leadership talents, gain new knowledge, skills and attitudes, and explore career opportunities model positive citizenship and share experiences with youth and adult leaders.
- SNAP Ed Northern Finger Lakes- A nutrition education program to assist residents of the county to improve diet quality, increase food security, improve food safety and enhance food resource management. Lessons presented to groups or individuals provide information about menu planning, shopping and safe and healthy food preparation.
- Environment Education - Support is provided to residents and local communities as a resource for questions related to the environment. Organizes and partners to conduct five annual recycling events.
- Master Gardener Program - Trained volunteers provide a seasonal help line for county residents to answer gardening problems and encourages environmentally sound gardening practices. Hot-line is staffed by our volunteers (May1st thru mid-October): Monday, Wednesday, Friday; 10:00AM-12:00PM.
- Agriculture Programs - Education programs to support the viability and profitability of agriculture and related businesses, including Field Crops & Plant Sciences (corn, hay, small grains, soybeans, cover crops), soil testing, soil fertility and pH, nutrient management, pest management, pesticide applicator certification, manure management, renewable energy, and organic crop production. Dairy & Animal Sciences include animal husbandry (dairy, livestock, and poultry), pastures and grazing, organic dairy operations, farm safety, Ag business management and marketing, crop insurance and risk management. Free phone consultations on all questions related to crop production and animal husbandry, with site visits as needed.
- Volunteer Opportunities: Many opportunities exist for adults who enjoy youth and are willing to volunteer some time to help them grow and learn new skills. The 4-H staff provides leader training and abundant project materials. Latest focus is on S.T.E.M (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) and Choose Health lifestyle curriculums.
Eligibility: 4-H: ages 5-19 years. Call for information.
Application Process: Call for information.
Required Documentation: Annual youth registrations, photo release and code of conduct forms.
Fees: Call for information.
Coverage Note: Cayuga County.
This program is offered here:
Auburn NY 13021
Program delivery sites & times vary.